Sunday, May 30, 2010

C'est La Vie

I’m thirteen. I am no different from any thirteen year old girl. I crave for what I don’t have and everything I say or act has a meaning that goes along with it. I often get lectured and scolded from my parents for being me. The ordinary things like sleeping too late, having a messy room, horrible marks and the list goes on because you just don’t make 3 mistakes. You make countless reckless ones just because you’re thirteen, in my case that is. As I lay on the edge of my bed, arms clasped and tears rolled down my cheeks, I curled up just like when I’m in my mom’s belly. My eyes glued so tight that everything would fail to open them. I closed my eyes so tight wishing I wouldn't have done what I did. But life just doesn’t work that way. My parents were upset and fed up with my attitude. They felt that I was acting like a snob to them. This stabbed me. And When you get stabbed, it will always remain in you and you will always remember. The stinging pain lingers in my body and I can’t get it out. That night stretched long and endless and I could still taste its bitter sweetness.

Parents have a lot of worries and one thing they worry is you because their love for you is stronger than the strongest person ever lived. They want you to succeed in everything you do and made sure you’re not going to make the biggest regret. They’re your safe harbor whenever you need help and protection. But that night lead me to a different perspective of them. That night made me realized how unfair they were and how they claimed they’re always right. How can they be
my parents?

As the night faded slowly and painfully, so did my pain. After all the anger washed out of my body, I went back and peeked in what I had done in the past. I saw how I acted towards my parents and the guilt came creeping in. I regret what I denied to my parents and I craved to say my sorry. But my mouth wouldn’t let me. Instead I wrote it on my wall “I’m sorry, it’s hard to say it so I wrote it”. I believe that everything in life has a cost. Everyone has to pay the cost, in my case I had to handle the truth and accept what my parents see because you can’t see how you act but other people can. If a situation like this came again, I would manage it the right way and say “
C’est La Vie”.

No comments: